H.O.P.E. Corporation strives to ensure children and youth survive and thrive. We do this through our Global Mission Field Objectives (GMFO), or what we simply refer to as “The Five”—basic necessities of life.
1. Spiritual Growth – This is our number one priority! Paul says in Philippians 4:11-13, “Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Yes, we provide children with the physical necessities listed below, but we recognize the need for the gospel message and the hope of Jesus Christ in every life. Your donations will help to share the love of Jesus Christ to many children around the world.
2. Health & Safety – Many children are in desperate need of medical aid, and yet live in remote areas without hospitals or clinics. Your donations will help to send medical supplies, and provide medical and dental care to children who wouldn’t otherwise receive help.
3. Food & Water – Many children live without access to food or water, and will suffer with eating disorders and/or die of dehydration or starvation. Your donations will provide wholesome food and clean water to malnourished children.
4. Clothing & Shelter – Many children are suffering on the streets without clothing, or very little clothing. If they do have clothing, it is dirty, torn, and provides no warmth for the winter, or protection from the sun. Your donations will provide children with clean clothing, warm bedding, and will contribute to a building project of either a home or orphanage.
5. Education & Careers – Many children grow up without any form of education, whether formal or informal, or parents to teach them necessary life skills. Donations to this category will be used to provide children with a basic education. The children will learn about proper hygiene, math, reading, writing, agriculture, and a trade or future career. "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you've fed him for a lifetime."
By providing these five categories, you can help to GIVE A HAND UP not a hand out!